June 21, 2007

Mother Nature is a terrifying creature

Wow : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6225676.stm

I cannot imagine what that must have looked like. I would, however, pay the 10 bucks to watch the movie of it happening, as long as it doesn't star someone lame as the hero geologist like, say, Ben Affleck or Martin Short. I would pay double to watch the Imax version of the movie too. I'd actually prefer that. I miss Imax and I'm going to have to travel long distances to find one in time for the Harry Potter premiere in July. I cannot fathom a better way to see Harry Potter. Wonder where the nearest one is? I'm betting London.

Today I woke to rain. It's been raining a lot lately, so much so that I toasted the boys with 'Happy October' the other night. It looks like late autumn. It feels like late autumn. It's unpredictable like late autumn. I'm tired of late autumn. It was supposed to be partly cloudy today which would have been perfect since I had to visit a site and take measurements outdoors. It's impossible to measure, draw and hold an umbrella at the same time. I could have used a little good weather. Instead, I'm wrapped up in my wool tights and cashmere sweater, stomping around underneath an umbrella, swearing but grateful that, at least, I do not need my mittens. I now understand why tropical vacations are so popular with UK and Irish residents. I need some sun and not in the bottle variety.

Enter: General Malaise...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it helps, it's been raining a lot lately in Texas also. In fact we've missed all of spring, the 80 degree sunny days, light breeze, happy hour on the patios sipping margaritas, so when it stops raining it will just be 100 degrees all the time.

My suggestion? Head over to Antibes, Nice and the Italian Riviera and do some research for our trip next year!

-Hip

B said...

Hell no! Not if I don't get to go on the trip (I'm so over traveling alone) and I'll be damned if I'm gonna crash your honeymoon... I could be persuaded, however, to do some advanced research on the Italian front. I'm always game for that.

Anonymous said...

That's what I meant, do some advanced research, not crash our honeymoon. I think we've figure out the general areas on the French side, and the Cinque Terre on the Italian side, but we need more on the Italian side. So, skip work tomorrow, grab a friend and head down to the Mediterranean! Dr.'s orders!

-Hip (strike that)
-Dr. Hippie