November 09, 2007

Something Chocolate

This is the conversation I had last night when a friend and I popped in to Dakotas for a night cap. He even used that word, night cap. I’ve never had a night cap before. It was remarkably similar to Joe’s ‘Ah let’s have one last one for the road’.

Me: Hi there!
Bartender: Hi. It’s good to see you.
Me: You too. It’s been awhile.
Bartender: 7 months.
Me: um... sorry?
Bartender: It’s been 7 months since you been in to see me.
Me: ... umm...
Bartender: (laughing) What can I get you?
Me: ... (shakes head) I’ll have something chocolate.

Bartender shakes head and proceeds to make me Something Chocolate that I’m regretting this morning. The stupid thing is, he’s right. The last time I was there was Joe’s leaving do, which was just over 6 months ago.

How bizarre is that?

No comments: