August 23, 2007

I Sell Propane and Propane Accessories

Today is the best day ever. Maybe not ever, but certianly the best one in quite some time. I woke up earlier than 5 minutes before I had to be at work owing to the fact that I actually slept well, well enough that is, the cute guy in my local called and asked me out (provided he comes back from his vacation in Greece and doesn’t remain there courtesy of the government after trying to export small children or unnamed white tablets, I should have a date next week) and after getting home, chatting with Flatmate Suzie, I cleaned the house and made dinner. How’s that for one hell of a run on sentence? Ah… spicy pasta and iced tea in front of the TV. I watched the last few minutes of the Simpson’s episode guest staring Stephen Hawking and then channel surfed in time to see the beginning of King of the Hill!! I’m so thrilled they’re finally getting this show.

For those of you not in the know, King of the Hill is a cartoon set in Arlen, Texas, which is really the home of creator Mike Judge, Garland, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. It features Hank Hill, his wife Peggy, his son Bobby, and niece LuAnn, who is voiced by Brittney Murphy. It is truly a piece of unadulterated Texas, accents and attitudes included. I never thought I’d say this: I've really missed it. I love that Peggy is the elementary school Spanish teacher and yet cannot speak Spanish. I love that LuAnn is both a crack car mechanic and beautician. And I miss Boomhauer. What the hell is going on with me?

So you may have copped on to the fact that I’m in a much better mood today. The sun came out, I spent last night in the kitchen chopping veggies, and I got some decent sleep, enough sleep clearly; I feel like a whole different person. And now that I’ve got Hank Hill on the tube weekly… life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question for B. If you get it right I'll give you the location of a cool place to eat in Rome. If not I'll give you my second choice. Where did Mike Judge get the name LuAnn from? Hint: You need to know her last name.

D-Vaz said...

Glad your mood is on the upside B.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I think the date with cute guy has something much more to do with the good mood. : )