August 20, 2007

Seething, thanks. How are you?

First he gets me kicked off the job. Then he tells me he ‘needs my help’ on the job because he’s swamped, cannot possibly get to the work needed; ditto for his team of 4. The fact that I have 2 SD sets due in 3 weeks is nothing to be concerned about at all. I don’t even have drawings that would be considered a DD set at this point, not to mention the fact no one has even started the applications, which take about a week to get together. And since he has everyone in the office working on his job, guess who is going to get screwed when it comes time to lodge the planning applications before my vacation but with incomplete sets of drawings? I could kill this guy. I’m going to be here until 10 tonight, finishing his drawings for him because my projects ‘aren’t that complicated and can go in for planning with minimal information on the drawings.’ I barely have drawings...

And now he’s sitting at my desk telling me how good the drawings look, how thankful he is to have my help, suck up, suck up , suck up.

Go away little man, I have your work to do.

5 comments:

D-Vaz said...

Hahahahaha. I'm not directing it at you. I laugh only because I know what you are going through. I keep a couple of softball bats within reach for situations like this. Plenty of projectiles you can chuck are also pretty sweet to have around.

Anonymous said...

Hey, hang in there. You have so much going on that your unconscious mind cannot keep up with your conscious mind. When that happens, your unconscious mind takes over and wants to finish its comprehension of the raw qualia of everyday life. Ok, enough of the professor professing. It sounds like you need a get away to New York for some good ole "me" time. Good food, a glass of wine, and a pair of Blahniks. Keep smiling.......

Lifetheuniverseandeverything said...

Have you tried an act of aggression?! It might just do the trick...

Anonymous said...

A fellow employee once relayed this little gem to me, "break some plates". How may that relate to your situation you may ask? Well in the world of restaurants, if you don't want to be the dishwasher, break some plates and they'll find something else for you to do. Just screw up his drawings, and he'll think you can't do it and do it himself, or at least never ask you to help hiim on his drawings again. Just make sure your work you do on your projects is good, and you're set. I've personally done just this for some projects and clients we have here.

-Hip

B said...

Ah, thanks guys. Softball bats, broken plates and acts of aggression aside, this guy doesn't like me to begin with and I somehow think he's in a better position to get me fired than I am to ditch the body without anyone seeing me. I think I'll stick with the wine/food/shoe theory for now. I am going to Italy in a few weeks time. :-)