March 01, 2008

Quality Always

What a way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I spent all week doing laundry, cleaning the house, dishes… basic domestic goddess chores save grocery shopping, because I am once again, fearful of the grocery store for some reason, so I could spend the weekend relaxing and doing whatever I wanted to do.

So today, I am doing absolutely nothing and berating myself for not being productive. Why can I not just waste a day without recriminations from the Efficiency Bitch Within? She needs a different hobby.

So here I sit, on the sofa, well, on the floor now, watching quality Saturday afternoon TV and eating chocolate ice cream from the container. And it is no small container at that. I’m eating straight out of the family size bucket. I had coffee and chocolates for breakfast and the natural successor to that meal is, of course, ice cream for lunch.

I just finished watching Janice Dickenson’s Modeling Agency, which his always just a love letter to herself and her boobs, but its good fun no less. As I started the computer to ‘do some worthwhile writing’, America’s Next Top Model started and I could only thing one thing: Thank You! It’s the perfect thing to get me thru an ever darkening Saturday afternoon.

I actually watch it quite a bit. One could say it is my guilty pleasure but I don’t feel guilty at all for watching it. It’s actually a really good lesson for me, I’ve noticed. The day after I watch it, I am very aware of my posture while walking and sitting and even standing. It makes me want to spend more time on my appearance, something that went out the window completely in architecture school. I asked a friend once if he would describe me as high maintenance and he consider the question for a moment and responded with:


No, you’re more like No Maintenance. Ooo, that doesn’t sound good either, does it?

We then discussed the fact that I took less time to get ready to leave the house than he did and that my idea of a makeup routine consisted of applying mascara occasionally.

Not normal girl fare. I’ve softened a bit since moving to Ireland. I think having Sarah for a friend has helped that. She’s a bit of a make up guru. She’s the one that taught me to wear gold glitter eye shadow and told me I could get away with bright colours because I have dark eyes. I still don’t wear them but I have expanded my color range from brown to brown, blue, green, and a bit of copper.

I’m such a girly girl.

Oooo, MythBuster is on next. Think I’ll order a pizza.

No comments: